A Global Award Winning Startup
Breathe, headquartered in Bengaluru, has developed breakthrough technogies that can convert carbon dioxide emissions into methanol with the highest new value. It is the only team from India to reach the finals of the $20-million global challenge - NRG Cosia Carbon XPrize.
1 Our Mission
Be a key enabler in achieving net-zero
2 Our Goal
To build technology for efficient and scalable conversion of CO2
1 Finalist in $20 million NRG COSIA carbon XPRIZE
2 Chosen as the Innovative start-up among 100 start-ups by Karnataka State Government under Elevate 100
3 Runner up in CleanEquity, Monaco
4 Recipient of National Technology Award from Technology Development Board, Department of Science and Technology
5Winner of ENRich 2021 start-up Awards from KPMG
Acquired ISO 14034 verification certificate
University of Calgary
Life Cycle analysis (LCA) performed by University of Calgary
Technical validation by Southern Research, 350 Solutions and Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Umesh V. WaghmarePhysicist
Rakshith Raghavan BelurBusiness
Incorporated in Bangalore
- Participated in the $20 million NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE
Recognised by Govt of Karnataka as Innovative Startup
- Semifinalist in the Carbon XPRIZE (only Indian team to be selected in the pool of 20 semifinalists)
- Received a grant from Karnataka state govt
Finalist in the carbon XPRIZE
- PoC demonstration of capture and conversion to low-cost, green Methanol
- Received a milestone prize of USD 500000
Incorporated in Wyoming, USA
- Received a grant of INR 1.5 cr from BPCL for scaling up the technology
Incubated at Jawaharlal Nehru Centre for Advanced Scientific Research
- Successful commissioning of a pilot facility tht can convert 300 kg of co2 per day.
- Successfully completed the milestones for finalist of Carbon XPRIZE
Gas to Liquid
Chemicals and fuels
Carbon dioxide reduction
Carbon dioxide capture
Services We Offer.
Catalyst for converting
CO2 to Methanol
Turnkey projects for CO2 to Methanol
(Build and Operate)
What they say?
“ They have outperformed other carbontech innovators from around the world to advance to the finals of the competition, and now have the opportunity to compete for the $7.5M grand prize. ”.
In the media
Latest NewsRead about
A Bangalore based startup has received the National Award 2021 from Technology Development Board (TDB) for developing a commercial solution for conversion of CO2 to chemicals and fuels.
Breathe, headquartered in Bengaluru, is the only team from India to make it to the finals of the $20-million global challenge NRG Cosia Carbon XPrize.